The world’s most expensive Khichdi named ‘Beerbal Ki Khichdi’ consisting of 100 Ingredients is now being served in Dubai. Khichdi mainly is a mash of Lentils and Rice almost like a porridge with spices.
Available at Dubai’s finest and very popular Tresind located in Nassima Royal Hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road, this dish has been handcrafted and curated by their extremely talented Executive Chef Himanshu Saini along with his team.
Sold at AED 200, this Khichdi is made with the same love you will find in your Mother’s cooking. Just see the below. Doesn’t that look beautiful!
Here are a few things you should know:
– Why Khichdi? Going by the name, Khichdi means a mix and mash of things. This is why the team at Tresind chose to use as many as 100 selected ingredients from different parts of India.
– The base of this Khichdi is Daal (lentils) and Rice.
– It is served with accompaniments such as Dahi, Papad and Chutney.
– With every bite you take, the taste is different as you savour the different textures and flavours of all the finely chopped, sliced or shredded ingredients.
– As of now, only one can be made every 30-45 minutes.
– The base consisting of 30 ingredients is prepared in the kitchen.
– This is then brought out in a dish placed on a candle lit while the rest of the 70 ingredients are added fright in ront of you.
– It takes about 25 minutes for the kitchen team to gather and place the 70 ingredients in tiny bowls which is then brought out with the prepared base.
– It takes about 10 minutes to add the 70 ingredients in front of you while it is being cooked.
– You are given a list of the 70 ingredients to check off while the chef goes on adding them so you can be a part of the experience.
– Once prepared, it can serve upto 4 people!
Here are the ingredients:
Ghee, Arhar Daal, Rice, Cumin, Red Chilli, Salt, Ginger, Garlic, Green Chilli, Onion, Tomato, Curry Leaf, Whole Red Chilli, Fresh Coriander, Butter, Hing, Pickle, Papad, Dahi, Rock Salt, Mint, Potato, Puffed Rice, Roasted Chana Daal, Lehsuni Chutney, Chaat Masala, Lemon, Green Peas, Kharbooj Beez, Water, Garam Masala, Marigold, Turmeric, Saffron, Fennel, Gold Varq, Yellow Chilli Powder, Mustard Cress, Mustard Seeds, Black Pepper, Coriander Seeds, Cucumber, Raddish, Carrot, Moong Daal, Chana Jor Garam, Bay Leaf, Capers, Amchoor, Tamarind, Nutmeg, White Sesame, Raw Mango, Amaranth, Spring Onion, Dehydrated Carrot, Dehydrated Okra, Dehydrated Beans, Mushroom, Zucchini Blossom, Cream, Paneer, Green Tomato, Sugar, Pumpkin, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Ginger Powder, Madras Curry Powder, Wholewheat Boiled Grain, Coconut, Fenugreek, Sundried Tomato, Spinach, Popcorn, Clove, Avocado, Beetroot, Star Anise, Black Pepper, Pink Pepper, Makhane, Butter Powder, Nadru, Mint Powder, Mustard Oil, Micro Greens, Cashewnut, Mango Pickle, Mint Chutney, Chili Buttermilk, Khoya ,White Butter, Tindli, Honey, Mace, Morel, Amul Cheese, Raw Papaya and Kokum.
All Indians who know the importance of this staple dish made in most Indian households will appreciate the work that has gone into making it.
For all those who know or don’t, every dish at Tresind is not only a feast to the eyes but also to your tastebuds. A lot of thought is put into not only making every dish but also how it should be presented.
Whether you are Vegetarian or Non-vegetarian, sick or healthy, this Khichdi is sure to rock your culinary senses.
As of now this is not officially a part of the menu but is recommended by the staff and also available on request.
Tresind is located on the 2nd floor of Nassima Royal Hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai, UAE.
For contact and reservations please call on 04 3080440, 056 4209754