A healthy, delicious and calorie conscious Iftar is available at Govinda’s and trust me you will be leaving with a guilt free conscience and a healthy soul. Each of their dishes was cooked to perfection and you could tell they were oil free and made under so much scrutiny to keep it wholesome.
For this price, it’s a steal! We got to try everything on the menu and my favorites were:
- Whole Wheat Bruschetta – Loved this! The tomatoes were so fresh and high in quality. Served on a toasted wheat bread along with olive oil, this made for an amazing start.
- Achari Paneer Tikka – Barbecued chunks of paneer made for the perfect appetizer.
- Paneer Angara – Rich gravy with soft paneer chunks and oil free! What more could one ask for? Perfect with the Jawar Roti.
- Whole Wheat Peperoncino Pizza – This was a dream come true! Crispy and so tasty with jalapenos and sundried tomatoes, this guilt free pizza was something I could feast on everyday. The best part? It’s in their regular menu too!
- Date Ice cream – Who would have thought ice cream could taste this sweet without any sugar in it! I would give this dessert a full 5 because it tasted delicious, you could actually taste the date, and it was guilt free!
The other dishes like the Moong Sprouts Salad, Risotto and Shahi Tava Vegetable were loved by my sis who has a much more healthy streak than I do 🙂
And after all that fasting, this meal will leave you feeling better than worse! I see so many people who end up eating so much and then don’t feel as good because they have been hungry all day, but this thoughtful menu is actually perfect for Iftar.
Available during Iftar everyday and till the end of Ramadan at their Um Suqeim Branch. They will also have their a la carte menu available during this period.
For more information, visit them on Zomato.