Diwali is the most colorful time of the year for all those who celebrate it. Called the Festival of Lights, for most food lovers it is all about being the Festival of food and sweets.
The occasion of Diwali is incomplete without visiting the homes of your family and friends. Taking sweets in most cases is tradition and here are 3 places that will make your edible gifting mouthwatering.
Puranmal is a name synonymous with quality Indian sweets and savories. They have grown to be an established market leader of Indian delicacies and are so busy during Diwali that they don’t serve any food and only cater to orders of traditional sweets. I have grown up having these and I can vouch that they are the best when it comes to Indian mithai. They have themed boxes, trays, hampers and a lot of perfect gifting items for Diwali. Following are the average prices:
- Normal Mix Sweets in Puranmal Fancy Box (Big Box) – AED 80.00
- Normal Mix Sweets in Puranmal Fancy Box (Small Box) – AED 45.00
- Deluxe Mix Sweets in Puranmal Fancy Box (Big Box) – AED 105.00
- Deluxe Mix Sweets in Puranmal Fancy Box (Small Box) – AED 61.00
- Special Mix Sweets in Puranmal Fancy Box (Big Box) – AED 133.00
- Special Mix Sweets in Puranmal Fancy Box (Small Box) – AED 75.00
- Tin Box (Assorted Sweets) – AED 80.00
- Hamper – AED AED 350.00
Puranmal can be found in over 15 locations. Their Jumeirah branch Vega by Puranmal is the only one open for dine-in during Diwali. For their contact numbers, please refer to Zomato as per your location choice.
Known for being able to customize just about anything in the cake world, Sugaholic, founded in 2010, is your perfect place when you want to gift a little something out of the box and unique. They can customize any cake according to any occasion and make the cutest cupcakes for Diwali. The look of joy on people’s faces at receiving one of their designs is priceless and there you know you have celebrated the true essence of Diwali.
- Price – AED 18 for regular sized and AED 8 for mini cupcakes as per the design above. Their prices vary depending on design so if you want something non-designed with just colorful icing those will be lower. Place orders in advance as they are generally sold out or booked out.
- Contact – +9714 3579333 / Whatsapp – +97155 3719838 / email@example.com
- Location – Shop no. 14, Rawdat Al Karama, Behind Yoko Sizzlers, Opposite Bur Juman Centre, Karama, Dubai, UAE
If you want traditional Maharashtrian sweets, then Mumbaikar’s is the place for you! Founded in 2015, this sister concern of Bombay Bites serves typical Mumbai style Maharashtrian delicacies. Known for taking orders as per your requirement, they get mad busy during Diwali so your best bet would be to call them in advance. Their Diwali Sweets are available in a great combo pack. They have Karanjee, Anarsa, Besan Ladoo, Bondi Ladoo, Chiwda & Shankarpali.
- Price – on request
- Contact – 04-3541212,04-3540044
- Location – Near Lamcy Plaza, Oud Metha, Dubai, UAE
Here’s wishing you all a very Happy Diwali filled with love, laughter, fun and lots of sweets 🙂