A franchise from India, Downtown Cafe is a delightful addition to the dining scene in Karama. And no it’s not in Downtown Dubai 🙂
It’s spaciousness and modern decor add a very young vibe to the area which lacks a cafe of sorts. Add in a young team and delicious food, and you have got yourself a very relaxed atmosphere in which you can work, hang out with friends, or go in to enjoy some good food.
1 . Aragula and Anar Salad – Rocket Lettuce, Orange and Pomegranate, Apple dressed with Anar reduction. This mix was unique and lovely for those want to move away from their regular salads. The dressing of pomegranate was a brilliant touch to the dish.
2. Cheesy Chilly Fries – If you don;t like chilli flakes, ask them to go easy on it. I found this dish quite addictive and the melted cheese over the delicious fries was not overpowering either.
3. Cheesy Garlic Bread – Best had when HOT! This was pretty addictive too and goes best with a pasta or by itself. It was absolutely yummy.
4. Italian Sliders – So happy to finally have a place which served veg sliders! These were absolutely brilliant! 3 sliders with 3 different fillings, these were quite fun and the fillings were great! One came with a veg patty, one with cottage cheese in italian sauces and one with grilled veggies.
5. Pink Sauce Penne – Very yummy pasta with a nice thick sauce. Quite a good portion too. Goes best with the cheesy garlic bread.
6. Cheesy Risotto Balls – These were amazingly delicious! They came served as the pic with one ball half open so you know what exactly is on the inside. It was great presentation and very tasty too.
7. Iced Caramel Latte and Dry Fruit Smoothie – Both very unique in their own way but extremely heavy! These are good if you are not having anything to eat as they are a meal in itself.
8. Chocolate Cake – This was less moist for my tastebuds but was quite rich.
Favourite dishes were 2, 3, 4 and 6! Highly recommended for a chilled out evening while playing cards or other board games. They even have a bookshelf with some really good reads!
Their logo too depicts a casual cup of coffee while chilling in your favourite Downtown hot spot.