I would have never thought i would be having Algerian Food some day! But when i went to Frisco, I was sure in for a surprise.
I will be honest, I was a bit skeptical when i learnt it was Algerian because i was not sure whether their vegetarian options would suit my tastebuds. But upon sitting with the owner who explained to us how a lot of their food has home made touches to it and was made from scratch, I was excited to try whatever she recommended!
They also have a branch back in the States and have won awards for their crepes.
View this post on Instagram
Have you ever been surprised by a cuisine? I got a chance to try the #only #Algerian #restaurant in town and my, their #vegetarian options were delicious 😋 Especially those benny's 😍 Simple but one of the most perfect ones I have ever had 🍳 @friscodubai will surprise you with their home style cooking and fabulous options 🍽 #TheVegetarianSoul #FriscoDubai
What surprised me the most was the quality of food. It truly did taste home made and everything was very flavourful and delicious! We had:
1. Eggs Benedict – 2 poached eggs on english muffins with hollandaise sauce. These were one of the best i have had in dubai! Not everyone can get this right but the hollandaise was beautiful and the muffins brilliant! The hash browns it came with were a treat!
2. Veg Panini – Served on Ciabata Roll, this panini was delicious with fresh veggies.
3. Algerian Cous Cous with a Vegetable Stew – This was absolutely delish and so healthy! It came as a huge portion which can easily be shared by 2. The cous cous was cooked perfectly and the stew was flavourful. It could be had by itself or with arabic bread.
4. Algerian Bean Mash – I would never have opted for this otherwise but it was quite tasty and very different.
5. Strawberry Crepe Brule – Strawberries, Brown Sugar, Creme Fraiche with a Caramelized Top. I loved this crepe! The brown sugar made it really sweet but it was a good kind of sweet. It was addictive! The whole combination was gorgeous on the palette.
6. Algerian Tea – Beautiful warm tea will touch your senses and is the perfect end to a satisfying meal.
I highly recommend options 1, 3, 5 and 6. If ever in the area, do try this little joint which is also decorated cutely with half an American touch and half Algerian.
Service was very good and all our food was brought out well within time.