The Melting Pot is the original fondue restaurant where people can enjoy several fondue cooking styles and a variety of unique entrees, salads, and unforgettable desserts.
When they opened in Dubai, everyone had really high expectations as it is a very popular brand back in the States. When i went in to try their fondues out, I was thrilled to know they had a variety of dipping cheeses.
Their fondues are good and so are their salads. The chocolate fondues are definitely their specialty because no one does it as good as them! The bread that is given for dipping purposes however can be softer and smaller which will make it easier and tastier to indulge.
1 . Spinach and Artichoke Fondue – Fontina and Butterkase cheeses, spinach, artichoke hearts and garlic. This dipping cheese is good if you love spinach and artichokes.
2. Fiesta – A cheddar cheese blend with non-alcoholic beer, salsa, and jalapenos made as spicy as you like. This one is good and a bit to the heavier side.
3. Strawberry Almond Salad – Sweet strawberries, honey roasted sliced almonds, and crumbled feta cheese placed atop mixed greens and finished with a raspberry vinaigrette which was absolutely delicious! This is definitely one of the best and unique salads i have ever had and the veggies are so fresh. I absolutely love the taste of this salad.
4. The Melting Pot House Salad – Crisp romaine and iceberg lettuce, cheddar cheese, fresh tomatoes, crispy croutons, and sliced egg finished with your choice of peppercorn ranch dressing or sweet and tangy house dressing. This is their signature salad and very good too! I actually love their salads more than anything else!
5. Vegetarian Entree – For those who like cooking semi cooked vegetables in broth and eating those, they would like this concept. I am not a big fan. You get an assortment of semi cooked pasta and vegetables which can then be dipped in boiling broth and cooked for a few minutes before you eat it.
6. Caramel Nut Fondue – One of their signature fondue’s, this irresistable combination of milk chocolate, caramel and candied pecans is really delicious! I just wish the caramel was a wee bit thicker as it is quite runny. None-the-less absolutely delish! It comes with a delicious variety of fresh fruits and small cake bites for dipping.
7. Yin and Yang – I love the look of this fondue! It looks so pretty in the yin yang shape. It usually comes with a dark chocolate on one side and white chocolate on the other but we requested them to make it milk chocolate on one side instead of the dark and they happily obliged. This is my favorite fondue here! Absolutely amazing combination and you just can’t stop!
View this post on Instagram
Have you ever tried the Yin and Yang Fondue from @themeltingpotdubai 🍫 Usually a blend of #white and #dark chocolate we were delighted to know when they agreed to make it wih #milk chocolate instead 😍 One of the best #ChocolateFondues I have ever had in @mydubai ❤️ #MeltingPot #TheVegetarianSoul
8. Caramel Cafe Latte – Very delicious drink if you like caramel. It comes with the most amazing whipped cream and caramel sauce on top.
Overall, if you are a vegetarian, this place is great for the fondues alone. During winters, it gets even better as they have outdoor seating and you can enjoy the chilly breeze whilst enjoying hot fondue.