Russo’s may be a local favorite back in Texas but in Dubai it’s extremely popular for it’s 28″ pizzas amongst it’s other dishes! If you haven’t been here yet, gather 8-10 friends and go try their XXL Pizza.
With a variety of different toppings and flavours to choose from, this American Italian joint will soon become a favorite. Tucked away in Jumeirah Centre which is at the start of Jumeirah, Russo’s serves everything piping hot and fresh!
What I had:
- Foccacia Bread – Served Complimentary, this warm bread came with a couple of dipping sauced on the side and was quickly gobbled by hungry stomachs.
- Spicy Garlic Knots – Served with a Marinara Sauce, these bread knots brushed with garlic butter and sprinkled with chilli flakes on top, were seriously tasty. They had a cheese filling which was not overpowering and just right.
- Cucumber Salad – Served fresh with a drizzle of Olive Oil, feta and tomatoes, this salad was a great option for someone like me who is not too fond of green leaves at all times.
- Trio Pasta – I have never seen a combination like this and I instantly fell in love! I love variety in my food and so it was amazing to get access to a dish which had gnocchi, ravioli and spaghetti all in one. I replaced the beef pasta with gnocchi and the restaurant gladly obliged.
- Greek Pizza – This was downright delicious! Crispy and thankfully perfect with its topping intact and not dripping off, this pizza was everything that I ever want in a pizza. Feta, Onions, Tomatoes and Olives! It had spinach too as an option i asked them to remove the same.
- Tiramisu – This was unfortunately the only item that I did’t enjoy to the fullest. It was not soft as a Tiramisu should be and tasted more like ice cream. It came from the freezer and i wish was thawed for longer.
The restaurant was quite busy when we went. The service was great and everything was pretty perfect in my opinion. Their highlight is definitely the XXL pizza and so i would want to go back with my friends for the same 🙂