If you are a trading geek, then this place is for you! If you are not into stocks and investments, then too, this place is for you! Located at the Roda Al Murooj, this bar was famous for its drinks and their fluctuating prices on the basis of their demand. But since Chef Pradeep Khullar who is popularly associated with Jodhpur took over the kitchens, the food is THE BEST BAR FOOD in Dubai. Here are 6 reasons why your next night out should be here!
1. The Financial Theme
Image from http://www.timeoutdubai.com
The concept is pretty simple. A header showing different alcohol drinks will show you real time prices of those drinks depending on how popular that drink is in the moment. A tab is given to you to choose your drinks from. The price at that moment reflects and if you want to get that deal, you have to order fast. On the basis of the demand of a certain drink, the price keeps fluctuating.
2. The Cozy Atmosphere
It’s not a very big place and the dim lights make it look even smaller. However well spaced out tables give you a cosy feeling and you can enjoy with friends without worrying about being to close to the next table.
3. The Live Band every Wednesday
Every Wednesday, a live band sings and are mostly Indian bands. Hence Wednesday nights are crazy crowded and the vibes are electric. It’s definitely one of the best nights to go if you want to sing along to your favourite songs but not so if you don’t want to wait too long for your food and drinks to come through.
4. The Food By Chef Pradeep Khullar
The Master Chef of the popular Jodhpur restaurant brings his magic into the food served here too! Indian bar bites are served with fusion infused in the dishes but the flavours are lip smacking. The food will blow your mind away. It’s super delicious and beyond imagination. Bar food at it’s best! I was served:
- Chilli Cheese Baguette – Not for the faint hearted, this cheese and chilli topped crispy baguette went extremely well with drinks.
- Desi Aloo Tikki Sliders – Cute looking mini buns with a potato patty topped with onions were fun and extremely delicious.
- Veg Manchurian with Schezwan Noodles – Served in an Iron shaped box, this was Indo-Chinese at it’s best!
- Potato and Cheddar Tikki Chaat – Tasty fried balls of stuffed potato and cheese was presented in the form of a chaat topped with yoghurt and chutneys.
5. The Smoke Fuming Cocktails
So what if you are not having the regular drinks listed on the header. Ask your server to bring you something crazy and you will be shocked with drinks such as the above. Forget how amazing the presentation is, the drink’s itself will mesmerize you!
- Jacked Up – Jack Daniel, Gin, Midori, Pineapple Juice, Lime Juice, and Sugar Syrup.
- Vodka Flaming Breeze – Vodka, Blue Curacao, Absinthe, Lime Juice, Sugar Syrup
6. The Dessert On Fire
Dark Chocolate Rum Ball. Need I say more? Dark Chocolate Sponge with Chocolate Sauce in a pool of Valrhona Sauce, Flambéed With Dark Rum. This dessert knocked us out of the park. It was served in a Chocolate Ball which was on fire, literally! And it was the best I had ever experienced!
You won’t be disappointed even one bit if you head out here for a night out. Whether it’s date night, friends night, ladies night or boys night, this place is for you!