From the creators of award-winning restaurants and lounges Iris and Indie DIFC, comes your unconventional Italian restaurant, MATTO. A home-grown brand based on classic Italian food with a side of mischief, MATTO aims to recast the archetypal Italian dining experience. Showcasing the skills of chefs who took ownership from their grandmother’s kitchen with an innovative menu and catering to a gastronome crowd, MATTO is decidedly refreshing and worldly.
Here is why your next Italian Meal should be at Matto!
1. The Chic Vibes
MATTO’s industrial décor creates a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere, and the interiors allow guests to be immersed in the cooking experience as they watch the chefs bring each dish to life in the open kitchen. A progressive mural by artist Chafa Ghaddar adorns MATTO’s walls to complete the relaxed yet upbeat vibe. I was invited to a bloggers meet during lunch hours and my experience was EXCEPTIONAL!
2. Italian Food in it’s True Sense
The innovative recipes are inspired by methods that have been passed down through generations, and the dishes divulge dynamic combinations of flavors and ingredients. With a carefully crafted menu created by the Italian culinary brigade at MATTO, each hearty dish salutes guests to feel right at home and learn to speak the language one bite at a time. I had:
- Cheesy Bruschetta – Grilled bread, cherry tomatoes, melted caciocavallo cheese, garlic, basil pesto. One of the best i have had, this cheesy goodness was perfectly baked.
- Tortino Di Carciofi – Artichoke cake with pecorino cream cheese. OMG i could live on this deliciousness. It was like a puff with mashed artichokes and cream cheese and tasted mind blowing!
- Margherita – Woodfired goodness and thankfully not a drippity one. This was pure happiness!
- Cannelloni Gratinati – Baked pasta tubes stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach, creamy tomato sauce and parmesan. It was beautiful and bursting with the goodness of it’s flavours.
3. The Matto Rock
The highlights from the eats, inspired by Italy’s Mediterranean coast, may include signature recipes such as Stinco Di Agnello, Astice e Ceci, Stracciatella & Tartufo, but the show stopper was definitely the MATTO Rock. Other desserts such as the Striscette (lightly fried dough strips which could be dipped in Nutella) was excellent! The Tiramisu and the mini cannoli’s along with my cappucino were superb too and truly Italian!
True to the Italian way, MATTO presents a plethora of offers tailored to bring out the pleasure of a hearty meal at a light price. From lunchtime dining breaks to sunset drinks, whether for business or comfort, MATTO is a venue for any occasion, any day of the week.
MATTO is set to take you on a journey as you discover a new side of traditional Italian dining.