Peppermill is a brand well known and serves authentic North Indian cuisine. For the longest time, it was enjoyed for it’s traditional curries and especially the Biryani’s.
The recent opening of Peppermill in Dubai Festival City has also brought a great twist to the menu. Thankfully, it’s not MOLECULAR GASTRONOMY! The Chef has cleverly used combinations of ingredients in such a way that it has given Indian cooking a whole new meaning all together. Basic dishes have been infused with unthinkable items and you have a beautiful dish which doesn’t only look good but tastes AMAZING!
So let’s start:
What We Ate?
2 cute cones of Peanuts came to the table just like the cones sold on the roads of India by hawkers. It was very nostalgic. We started off with a unique Amuse Bouche! Read below for yourself. It tasted as beautiful as it looked!
- FATTOUSH ALA INDIE – Mixed lettuce, cucumber ribbons, red-radish, tomato, char grilled peppers, house-pickled beetroot, pao crisps and feta. Sumac and honey balsamic dressing.
- TOMATO SHORBA – Fresh tomato and coriander soup, butter poached vegetable and raisin ratatouille, pao crisps.
- THE PEPPERMILL LENTIL BROTH – Yellow lentil soup, steamed mini rice cakes, crispy lentil and fresh coriander.
- PEPPERMILL CHAAT PLATTER – Selection of street food “chaat” from India.
- THE NEST (NV) – Masala pea crusted chicken dumplings, BBQ tamarind and yogurt
- ALOO TIKKI – Crisp fried, sago crusted spiced potato cakes, lentil and mint filling, chutney drizzle
- TANDOORI MUSTARD CAULIFLOWER – Tandoor grilled Confit of whole cauliflower, pungent mustard and turmeric marinade, tomato raisin relish
- MATAR PANEER – Peppermill’s take on the classic. Baked pea paneer tikka surprise, lababdar gravy.
- SOYA CHAAP MASALA – Tandoori chaap, old delhi style onion and tomato curry.
- BAIGAN BHARTA – Tandoor roasted eggplant mash, onion & tomato masala, coriander and garam masala, yogurt scoop.
- DAL MAKHANI – Slow cooked black lentil simmered with tomato and butter
- BIRYANI / RICE – Vegetable Biryani
- BREAD BASKET – Onion Parmesan cheese kulcha, Roti, Naan
- THE SWEET SHOP – Selection of Peppermill desserts for the table. (Gulab Jamun, Kesari Rasmalai and Coconut cream and pepper corn panacotta).
- LEMON GHEWAR TART – Fried milk lattice topped with lemon custard, rose and black pepper kulfi.
- Passion Fruit Margarita :- Blend of passion fruits and crushed ice. Glass rimmed with chaat masala.
- Coconut and Curry Leaf Mojito :- Fresh curry leaves muddled with coconut water. Garnished with coconut flakes.
- Kulfi Lassi :- Indian milk ice cream and yogurt shake, saffron.
- Peppermill Shikanji :- Lime juice, honey, roasted cumin on ice.
- Madras Kappi
- Kadak Chai
What Would I recommend? – Can I please say EVERYTHING!!! Seriously, not only was the quality top notch but the food tasted marvelous. From the twist of the Fattoush Arabic Salad with Indian Spices to the magical Tomato soup and the way they were all presented to the Beautiful Starters and the unique mains, everything was mind blowing! A special shoutout for the SOYA Caap Masala because I don’t like soya at all but this was made amazingly! It was ground in such a way that you would never know it was Soya.
The drinks too were one better than the other and I was energized with the coffee and tea (both of which I had after a super long working day).
What I loved most was the beautiful ambience and how spacious it is. They also have 5-6 private dining areas and each area is named after a famous city in India. The story behind each of these must be heard from the managers and you will be delighted. They also have an outdoor area from where you can enjoy the beautiful fountain show in the evening.
The service was beyond par! We honestly, couldn’t have asked for a better place to dine in. Thank you for having us and making us feel completely at home!!